Thursday, October 30, 2008

Keep Laughing!

When I hear people laughing, my heart melts.  Sometimes we even watch cars going by and people walking by and see how many of them have a smile on their face (sadly, not usually too many).  Give your children the gift of laughter:  so start smiling and laughing as much as you can. Have a hearty laugh over every amusing situation. Laugh even at yourself and smile at the simplest pleasures in your life.

With laughter, your days will become lighter, more joyous and more bearable even on those crazy hay-wired days. A smiling face also looks much more appealing and inviting too.  

Give away your smiles freely and in abundance. Spread your laughter around as it's contagious.

A big plus is that you train your children to see the humorous side of life and to be full of joy.

I'll never forget walking into surgery with my mom, and we saw something protruding from the bottom of her pants.  We bent down and started to pull at it, and it kept coming, and coming, and coming... turned out it was a pair of pantyhose that got stuck to the inside of her pant leg!  We laughed together so hard on our way to surgery, that I know it made my whole pre-surgical attitude one that helped me float through the surgery!  I'm so glad my mother has always had such a good sense of humor!  I love her laugh!

I live by this credo: Have a little laugh at life and look around you for happiness instead of sadness. Laughter has always brought me out of unhappy situations. Even in your darkest moment, you usually can find something to laugh about if you try hard enough.  -- Red Skelton

A joyful heart is good medicine, but depression drains one’s strength.” (Prov 17:22 GWORD)

Challenge:  Enjoy the humorous side of a situation!  Bring laughter, LOTS OF IT, into your home!  Let your children love to hear you laugh often!

No comments: