Friday, November 7, 2008

Ways to Give to Your Children

“Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.”  (Phil 4:9 KJVS)

I love this part of Scripture, because it explains how we pass information to others, in this post particularly to our children.

If they have learned, we must teach.  We teach by example, word and deed.

If they have received, we must give.  We give precepts, ideas, vision, focus, priorities, explanations, value.

If they have heard, we must speak.  We speak truth and love, with kindness and grace.

If they have seen things, I must demonstrate.  My life should be an epistle to be known and read by our children.  My life should testify to the truth of the Word applied.

Challenge:  Teach, give, speak and demonstrate always, so your children can learn, receive, hear and see things that they can follow after those things, and the peace of God will be with them! 

No comments: