Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Life and Death are in your mouth!

Psalms 127:3    Children are an inheritance from the Lord.
They are a reward from Him.

Psalms 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one’s youth.

Having had five children in the span of 5-1/2 years, I can attest to both of these Scripture verses!  Yes, each of my children is a reward directly from God.  And although I wasn't VERY young, I can see that our children ARE like arrows in the hand of God's warriors!

I have been asked to share some of my insights I gained from raising my children in a blog, so I am starting today.  Please feel free to contribute as you see fit!  

Our words are SO IMPORTANT when raising children!  The Bible tells us that:

Proverbs 18:21    Words kill, words give life; they’re either poison or fruit—you choose.

Too many parents make excuses for words they say to their children that kill or poison.  It is SO IMPORTANT that parents be mature and able to know how to handle their mouths.  With the Holy Spirit in control, we need to stop making excuses, and rise up to maturity and NOT allow any words to come out of our mouths that will injure or hurt.  

We want to teach our children the right things to say, yet too many adults are not even accountable to saying right things.  Remember that you have been EMPOWERED for every good work.  Stop making excuses and begin speaking LIFE into your children daily!

Challenge:  Purpose to speak ONLY good things about your children.  Purpose to NEVER pass on bad information about your children, whether they are present OR absent.  Purpose to be SILENT when you know you are not going to speak anything good.   Purpose to speak every good thing you can think of, as often as you can!

No comments: